Wed, Jan 19, 2011
I am a heatmiser. I love it hot! In honor of the 92 degree heat yesterday, I thought I’d break out the top ten list of reasons I love Southern California Summer weather in January:
10. Not being cold all the time- only when indoors, which is better than indoors and outdoors like most other times of the year.
9. Flip Flops-comfy and freeing and it means my toes get to be “did” on a regular basis.
8. Pedicures-because of flip flops-see #9
7. The sweatshirt I wear constantly can finally go where it belongs-around my waist covering my butt.
6. The desire to go outside just because. I dread going outside in the cold. I dread getting out of bed in the cold. I pretty much dread everything about the cold.
5. Sunglasses-especially when I am not wearing any makeup. In the cold dreary months, I feel like a scary hag if I don’t wear them or look like a diva if I do. The sun makes them mandatory and acceptable.
4. Lemonade and Ice Tea just taste better while sitting in the sun. Enough said.
3. Stripping off all of the confining claustrophobic layers of clothes and feeling free and breezy. Okay not stripping or naked “free.” I mean stripping the top layers and leaving the last (or next to last-if you consider the last layer to be your chonies) layer on.
2. Feeling 10 pounds lighter-mainly due to #3 and #7 but also due to increased activity which comes from #6
and the #1 reason I love summer weather in January:
1. The dog poop hardens and petrifies faster and it is easier to pick up- especially on those mornings when I hear the yard guy out front and I know it has been a whole week since I picked it up because I remember the last week when the yard guy came and I freaked out that the dog poop was not picked up…